TuxKart is not yet optimised for slower CPU's so performance will be
'chunky' on machines under about 450MHz.
- You need a 3D graphics card that can support OpenGL or Mesa.
- Ideally, you want a joystick - preferably one with at
least 6 buttons - you can also drive from the keyboard.
- You should have a CPU that's running at 266MHz or better.
- A sound card would be nice - but it's not essential.
- You'll need at least 32Mb RAM.
Right now, TuxKart only runs under Linux - and under Windoze using the CygWin
package. I anticipate MSVC/Windoze, MacOS, BSD, BeOS, Solaris and IRIX ports
to follow very soon.
Make sure that you have the following packages